Saturday, September 23, 2006

Get Your Wushu On

Given that Hero is one of my favorite movies of the last five years, I find this particularly awesome:


To give a little clarification: that's my former coworker Joanna with martial arts megastar Jet Li. They took that photo when she met him for an interview, which I highly encourage you to read here. Props to Jo – she always seems to be doing big and exciting things with Hollywood types, and for me, this one takes the cake so far.

I went to see Jet's new film Fearless last night, and I thought it was pretty good. The fight scenes are of course brilliant, and the cinematography was breathtaking; I do believe I see what he means in the interview about the director's cut. Anyway, I'm not trying to write a review or anything, but I definitely recommend going to see it.

I'll throw in a couple more links just for fun: one to a recent New York Times article about the movie and Li's career transition, and one to Jo's husband's podcast (not because he has anything to do with this, but just because he's a cool kind of dude).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home